Who We Are?
Gorgias London (UK) Ltd. is a private company registered in the UK. Our registered office is: GORGIAS LONDON (UK) LTD., Montag House, 899, Uxbridge Road, Uxbridge, UB10 0NB, London, United Kingdom.
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
- In writing, at the address above. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
- By email to this address firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Protecting Your Privacy
‘Personal information’ refers to any information which can identify an individual - either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to a customer ID, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, email address or postal address. Any personal information which you provide to us will be securely stored, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 - 2003, and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, which supersedes all previous Data Protection Acts.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT?
When you browse our website:
- Create a customer account
- Update your contact details
- Sign up to our mailing list or subscribe to any other services that we offer
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draw
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email or live chat
We may collect your personal information, including:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone or mobile number
- Other information you voluntarily provide that you believe is required by us
- Encrypted password and payment information
- Customer Service correspondence records
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type, referring URL and operating system
- Cookies - for more information see below
WHAT IS DONE WITH THIS INFORMATION?
We use your information for the following:
To improve our website and services.
We use your personal information to help us analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website and our customer service offering to you, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
If you consent, we will use your information to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email or Social Media.
HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
- Mailing List Subscriptions will remain active unless you decide you wish to opt out from a Mailing list.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence with you, for example if you have made a complaint about a product, for as long as is necessary to resolve the matter you have complained about, and in the event of any potential legal claim.
- Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. However, please note where you have unsubscribed from our marketing communication, we will keep a record of your email to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
If we ask for your personal information for marketing purposes, e.g. we will request your permission explicitly by means of an electronic opt in or your signature, if you have not already granted us your permission.
HOW DO I WITHDRAW MY CONSENT?
- At any stage after you have opted in, you may withdraw your consent to marketing communications. Marketing of our products and services to you will be terminated, and any data specifically used for marketing purposes alone will be deleted.
- You may opt-out at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or writing to us at: Gorgias London (UK) Ltd. Montag House, 899, Uxbridge Road, Uxbridge, UB10 0NB, United Kingdom.
Depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by texts, mailshots and telephone. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us.
You may also see advertisements for the Gorgias London Site on third party websites, including on social media. These advertisements may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve advertisements to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an advertisement on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show advertisements to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored advertisements you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third-party websites.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if required to fulfil our contractual or obligations under our agreement with you.
5. Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Further, all such Third-Party Processors are contractually bound by us to keep the information confidential, and to ensure that any such data they necessarily obtain from us to deliver goods and services to you, is secured and maintained to the highest standards. All information provided to Third Party Processors is used solely by them only to carry out the service they are providing for Gorgias London (UK) Ltd. and is not shared with any other parties whatsoever.
When you click on links on our website, such as articles or documents from third parties, they may direct you away from our site. While we take every care to ensure the integrity of such external links, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites you may visit in this manner and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practice to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites. Cookies are not computer programs and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
You may delete Cookies; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly or enjoy a custom user experience. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
Our Site is not intended for and should not be used by children.
11. Contact Information
In compliance with The EU GDPR Directive 25th May 2018, if you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by email or post at the address given in the ‘Who We Are’ section above.